EA gamescom press conference 2013
On August 20th, EA held their GamesCom press conference where they talked about new, up-coming titles releasing in the coming months. The exciting lineup features triple A titles like Titanfall and Battlefield 4. Below is a brief rundown of the some of the game titles that were presented. For further info, check out the entire press conference here: http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/#
Commanded and Conquer:
- New features in game and concentration on emotions
- More control over how your Sim looks via a new click and drag system in the SIm creator screen
Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Will be a Free live service
- New content, Campaign mode which can be played alone or co-op
Plant Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Open world setting
- You are the Inquisitor with moral choices of good and evil that will affect the game and story
- You now have agents which you can send out and execute orders
Peggle 2: Puzzle style game
- You can now play as a zombie!
- Classes include the Soldier, the All Star, the Engineer, and the Scientist
- Boss Mode; control the Zombox (XBOX ONE exclusive) allows you control of the game as the Zomboss, RTS style!
EA Sports UFC:
- Not a lot of information, just a quick video of game play
Need for Speed Rivals:
- Will release Spring 2014
- Uses the EA Sports Ignite Engine
- Most Realistic Fighter likeness to date
- No rules no Loyalties
- All drive concept; blurs lines of single player, co-op, and multiplayer
- Cops: 3 levels of progression
- Ferrari 458 Spider back in the game after 7 year hiatus
- Next Year is the 20th anniversary of Need for Speed
Flagship title for EA sports: FIFA 14
- New game mode: Attrition
- You have to love the way you call your Titan :
- "Your Titan is ready for launch. Call it when ready!"
- "Got it, standby for Titanfall"
- Transition from character in/out of Titan; smooth, fluid, realistic
- FIFA on mobile devices will be free to play
- FIFA World: free to play online pc game play for Russia and Brazil to start.
- Listen for Captain Picard during video
- 33 official Leagues
- 600 authentic clubs
- 16,000 real world players
- Co-Op player ranked games online
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One exclusive "Legends"; players of the past will be accessible in game
- BF4 Beta in Early October
- "Levolution" dynamic maps and set pieces during the game
- Flooding, Buildings falling
- Fire extinguisher to blind enemies
- Car alarm to warn of incoming enemy
- No two games are the same
- New DLC and Early access with BF4 Premium
- New mode discussed: Obliteration
- 1 bomb spawns at 1 location and teams need to secure and move the bomb to the objective
- New Amphibious vehicles
- Oct 29 2013 release NA
- Oct 31 2013 release EU
- Next Gen soon after
The grid for our X-Rebirth tracking system just lit up like a Christmas tree on the 24th of December. We've been waiting anxiously for anything X-Rebirth to resurface--especially with Chris ramping up content deliveries for Star Citizen, the most acclaimed Kickstarter success story.
Now we have a release date, pre-order options on Steam and small fleet of gameplay videos and dev diaries. Enjoy!
X-Rebirth is now available for pre-order on Steam digital download service for $44.99.